Berries are super nutritious and already sweetened by Mother Nature plus bonus time - they gain nutrition when cooked making god even better.
This cobbler is super easy to bake, makes the whole house smell awesome and is even better with fresh whipped cream.
- 4 cups fresh blueberries / full QT ziplock
- 2 tablespoons unrefined cane sugar
- 1 tbs molasses
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 tbs unrefined cane sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- optional - 1/4 cup pastured / organic cream and a touch of honey for whipped cream
Preheat oven to 375
- In an 8 inch square baking dish, mix blueberries, 3 tablespoons sugar, and lime juice. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream butter and 3 tbs sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla extract. Gradually add flour mixture, stirring
- Drop batter over blueberry mixture. Try to cover as much of filling as possible.
- Bake 35 minutes, until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbling.
- Pour 1/4 cup of cream per serving into a mixing bowl, beat with mixer on high for 1-2 min until cream and a dab of honey fluffs up.
- Lick beaters and eat cobbler oh yeah !