Steel Cut Oats and Banana Blueberry Smoothie
Like most stuff in life, breakfast takes just little proactive planning and bingo - things start going your way.
Start the night before... cook up a batch of steel cut oats. Best oats here Bob's Organic Steel Cut. These bad boys are hot and chewy and infinitely more pleasing than rolled / instant oat gruel suitable only for toddlers.
Just bring 3 cups of water to a boil, dump in your cup of oats, stir occasionally as it gently bubbles and simmers until done. And since you are at the stove anyway, cook up dinner or something else while you are there. Store your oat goodness in the fridge in glass container, like these not plastic - never hot food in plastic.
The next morning you are in a sleepy head haze and don't have all day to play chef fancy pants, gotta get to work dude. Mix the following and gently nuke stirring periodically.
- Precooked oatmeal in a bowl. Add the following and nuke and stir...
- Butter, a big hunk like a 1/2 tbs oh yeah
- 1/3 cup kefir, (grass fed, whole milk, plain no added sugar)
- Raisins and nuts
- Molasses or honey
- Extra credit - a teaspoon of ground flax seed, tastes nutty, keep immune system oh so happy
Meanwhile, pop the top on that high dollar blender that has been gathering dust in the corner - dump in the following and whip it into sexy smooth goodness.
- Whey protein powder (from grass fed cows, cold filtered)
- Kefir - as needed to get consistency they way you like - try 1/3 cup to start
- Honey or Stevia - if needed
- Extra Credit - add chia seeds
As you are eating, think about this - you just got 1/3 your daily protein, from a clean source. You got slow burn clean carbs to fuel you through your day. Some good fats so your brain works. And that kefir, its rushing reinforcements to your gut to man the front lines of your immune system. You rocked it !
+A Now get out there and take over the freaking world !